Search by Date – Today and in the Past

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

David Gordon
    Participant

I want to set up a search which shows me records where the date is today and/or in the past. I can’t see how to do that (I did in Bento!). How can I create a search “Date is on or before Today”.

Thanks!

November 21, 2014 at 1:57 PM #11855

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

There are a number of different ways to search by date, but “on or before today” is not one of them unless you enter the specific date you want to search on or before. There are other date searches if you use the “in the period” option, such as Today, Last Week, This week, Last Month, This Month, Next Year, etc.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 22, 2014 at 3:30 AM #11869

David Gordon
    Participant

Thanks Brendan

I’m sure I’ll find a way, but here’s what I was doing in Bento (I think, cos it won’t run for me now under 10.10).

I have a list of jobs, I add them as I’m assigned so they’re in the future. Once I’ve done a number or at the end of a week/month/sometime I need to raise an invoice for each. So that’s why in Bento I was able to see a list of work I had done. In TF I can’t save a search by date (“Date is before 22/11/14”) because next week that won’t work. And I can’t save a search by week or month as I don’t issue invoices on such a strict timescale: I may need to see jobs from this and last week for example. I’m guessing I used relative dates in Bento but TF doesn’t offer that option. If I saved my search as “Date is Today AND Date is before Today” that would work (I think!).

DG

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.