Search based on Check Mark field?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been playing around with the search but wasn’t sure whether there was any way to do this. If I have a bunch of records, and I want to search based on a check mark (ie show me all forms where this check mark is selected) is there a way to do that?

February 7, 2011 at 2:32 AM #4392

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Amariel,

Right now Tap Forms only searches Text, Note, and Number fields.

But you could tell Tap Forms to group your records by the check mark field, so all the checked and un-checked records would appear together in the list.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 7, 2011 at 3:33 AM #4393

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your quick reply. What I was trying to do was to use the App as a “to-read” book database, with fields for author, title, etc. I think I am going to group by the genre field (can you group by multiple fields)?

The check box was intended for “suggest to book club”, thus when I needed to make suggestions to my book club, I could search for all of them and make the recommendations. My thought, in playing around, was I could intend make that field a text field with picks, basically picking between something like “Book club Yes” and “No”. Then a search for “Book club” would hopefully pick up these records. Also thinking of making the pick field something like “BCX” which would be unlikely to match anything else.

February 7, 2011 at 3:35 AM #4394

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Amariel,

I was just going to suggest the pick list thing. Good idea.

My next update will let you sort pick list values ascending or descending.

Thanks!

Brendan

May 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM #6230

savednsure
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    I thought I’d post my question here instead of starting a new topic.

Each record in my table contains 3 check mark fields. I want to show all records where all three check mark fields are unchecked, however, when I create the search, this returns no results, even though 99% of my records should match this criteria.

Thoughts?

Darren

May 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM #6231

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Darren,

Just as a test, could you try checking one of your checkmark fields, then un-check it. Then try your search? There’s sort of 3 states to a checkmark field. On, Off, and null (never been turned on or off).

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.