Scrolling Single Column View with Many Records

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Scrolling Single Column View with Many Records

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Gary Beberman
    Participant

I’m working on a project which involves both images and text. A few images go into each record and there is various pieces of information about them. I would like to produce a reports showing all of the records. However, a table layout is neither the most space efficient or aesthetically pleasing way to display it. Making the images large enough to see will result in a lot of white space.

Instead, I would like to do something like a single column view which will repeat down the page, one record after another.

The attached image is an example. Is it possible in Tap Forms?

Thanks!

(and how do I delete attachments here? I realized my first one was too big and made a smaller one. But, I can’t get rid of the first one.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 19, 2022 at 2:46 AM #47006

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,

For something like this I would suggest perhaps making a custom label that prints to a normal sheet of paper, but has one row of your images and Text fields defined. You can tell Tap Forms how many labels down and across the page to print. In your case 1 label across, but however many down would fit on a single page. Then Tap Forms will just repeat that row over and over again printing down on all the pages needed to print the records.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 19, 2022 at 10:38 AM #47013

Gary Beberman
    Participant

That was PERFECT.

Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.