Script to go to a particular layout in a Form

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Script Talk Script to go to a particular layout in a Form

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Victor Warner
    Participant

I suspect that the answer to this question is ‘no’: is it possible to use a Form script to select a particular layout in a particular form of a document?

May 20, 2020 at 2:25 PM #40663

Daniel Leu
    Participant

That’s a feature I would love to have…. So no, currently this is not possible.

May 21, 2020 at 9:17 AM #40669

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I’d love this feature too and the ability to activate it from an external URL call as well for integration that way.

May 21, 2020 at 9:56 AM #40670

Victor Warner
    Participant

Thank you for both comments.

Ideally, it would be very helpful to layouts also available from a menu, in the same that forms (and in a similar to FileMaker).

Without either JavaScript support or menu support it is not possible to ‘reach’ layouts other than manually (unless I am missing something) – particularly if you have a lot of layouts which run off the right of a page.

I do hope that Brendan can improve this area of Tap Forms in the next major update.

May 21, 2020 at 6:29 PM #40672

Brendan
    Keymaster

Layouts in menu done. And working on allowing you to switch layouts from a Script.

May 23, 2020 at 11:50 AM #40678

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Would it be possible to update Copy Record Link to include a ?layout= sort of parameter which on the desktop would active a custom layout too?

May 25, 2020 at 8:01 AM #40683

Victor Warner
    Participant

Brendan,

Thank you for implementing these features!

May 25, 2020 at 12:48 PM #40691

Brendan
    Keymaster

Sam, do you find yourself needing to switch layouts from a URL? Tap Forms does remember whatever the last layout was that was selected when viewing a form and record. Do you find that you tend to switch to the different layout after you use the record link? Just wondering what the use case is for this.

May 25, 2020 at 4:17 PM #40696

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I have a bunch of what I call task specific layouts that make sense for each use. A simple example is my main purchases form where I have the default layout (which itself is broken up by section headings to allow me to collapse areas), a details view that actually was inspired by my original Bento layout that has a subset of the default layout, quick entry which has the fields I generally need to change the most inputting a purchase, relationships which gives me an overview of how the record is connected to it’s related forms (line items, gallery, sibling purchase entries and shipments) and a quick details which is a much more limited overview that fits on all of my devices without scrolling. There’s a QR pane as well but I rarely use that, it was something I was experimenting with for printing and wouldn’t want to review.

I have scripting I use to jump into Tap Forms at various places (perhaps not surprising based on the forum posts) and having layout support would be useful. I could see for others having workflow integration from external applications though obviously I can only speak for my uses.

May 25, 2020 at 7:07 PM #40698

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, thanks for the use case description.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.