Screenshots of layout-adjustment?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

PeMe63
    Participant

Hello there,

i’d like to see the possibilities of tap forms for Mac in layouting the the output of records. Unfortunately there are no examples whether in the app store nore on this site or the web.
    Since there is still no demo of the software i’ve to be sure tap forms match my needs in that point.

Thank you.

November 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM #7310

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi PeMe63,

Version 2.0 has a brand new layout engine which I am working on that will let you customize the layout of your form. I’m not ready to release any screenshots yet though. But it’s turning out to be a fantastic upgrade to Tap Forms Mac!

Thanks!

Brendan

November 3, 2013 at 5:36 AM #7324

PeMe63
    Participant

Helo Brendan,

nice to hear from you. That already sounds good to me! When will Version 2 will be ready to launch? I hope it will be a good look and feel experience like other great apple applications. Your App is without compettition now, since bento was dropped.
    I would like to hear from you if your version is out or even earlier if there is a way to test or purchase it previously!

Thanks, Pedro (Germany/Hamburg)

November 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM #7353

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Pedro,

I’m not quite finished it, but it’s in beta testing at the moment. I’m also working on a Bento template importer for it.

Thanks!

Brendan

November 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM #7862

FTBoomer
    Participant

Hey Brendan, any chance this will be completed for the iPad before the end of the year? Really need this (will be happy to beta test)

November 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM #7875

Brendan
    Keymaster

The layout engine is for the Mac version right now. An iPad version is a long way off. It would also initially be read only. So you could display a layout designed on the Mac on your iPad but you couldn’t edit or create a layout on the iPad.

November 27, 2013 at 6:39 AM #7890

FTBoomer
    Participant

CRAP, Well that really sux, guess I’ll have to go back to Forms Connect. You have a better product but I hate having to scroll through 50 or 60 rows to find stuff, so much easier to just jump to page 2 or 3. I was hoping to get my team of 40 people on Tap Forms at the first of the year. Guess we’ll have to take another route

November 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM #7894

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m very sorry for that. I’ll get there. But I’m just one guy working on 3 versions of the app so it will take me some time to add the layout engine to the iPad version. It’s also completely different code so I can’t even re-use the code for the layout engine from the Mac version on the iPad version.

November 27, 2013 at 5:09 PM #7895

Roo
    Participant

Personally I would be happy with a read-only version of the new form layouts on the iPad. I think the concept of putting the advanced features in the Mac version but keeping basic functionality on the iOS versions makes sense. This is the way Apple have done it with their apps (eg iMovie) and it works well.

November 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM #7896

Brendan
    Keymaster

True. And from a marketing position, it’s an incentive to pick up the Mac version too, which helps me to keep working on Tap Forms full time.

December 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM #8097

alan
    Participant

Errr … sorry to bring this up … but,

What happens to Tap Forms if something happens to you you Brendan??

December 5, 2013 at 4:34 PM #8099

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

We can take that discussion offline as it’s not really relevant to this particular forum topic. Email me.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.