saving multi column views

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Wolfgang
    Participant

Hello,
    how can I save different multi column views? Some done with sort by date, some done with sort by date and group. Some with 5 fields, others only 2 fields. And so on… I want to create it once and use it often. It’s important, because other people use it and don’t know how to create or change this list view. And should not be able to change it!

March 19, 2020 at 4:25 PM #39942

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Try creating saved searches and using that to control some of those settings. I don’t remember precisely how much it remembers but the sorting and grouping settings I believe are per search at least. You should be able to get the different fields as well but it’s been a while. You can create an empty saved search and it should work perfectly fine to return all of your records.

March 20, 2020 at 2:12 AM #39947

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, each Saved Search remembers the displayed fields, their horizontal order, and the sort order.

After you create a Saved Search, click the little button at the top-right of the multi-column list view that looks like an X and that will display the Select Fields popover view. You can drag fields up and down and turn them on or off. Click the Save button to save them.

Then you can set the First Sort Field, Second Sort Field, Third Sort Field, and the Group Records By settings separate for each Saved Search.

The Saved Searches don’t have to have any Search Rules in them. You can just use them for alternative views to your data.

March 20, 2020 at 2:52 PM #39955

Wolfgang
    Participant

Thank you, this works. I have to create my multi-column views with all wanted options and save it as empty search…

March 20, 2020 at 7:43 PM #39958

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s correct.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.