Saved Searches iOS

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

John Scoble
    Participant

Brendan

I have various saved searches, which I use regularly, particularly on my iPhone. The results of these searches can be several pages long, and when I have finished looking at the results, I want to cancel/close the saved search.

To do this, I have to scroll back up to the top of the page, because the Search Name (with the closure X icon) only appears at the top of the search, below the row of icons with + etc. That row of icons with + etc remains visible all the time, as you scroll down.

Could you amend the display, so that the Search Name (with the closure X icon) also remains visible at all times? There are two advantages to that:
    – you know that you are in a Search (and not viewing all records)
    – you can close the search, without having to scroll back up what you;d be a lengthy list of records.

I hope that is possible – many thanks – John

November 24, 2019 at 1:27 PM #38274

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

If you tap on the status bar at the very top of the phone, Tap Forms will scroll up to the top very quickly. So you don’t have to manually scroll all the way back up. Then you can tap the (x) button.

I made it this way to provide more visible room for the content rather than the search taking up all that vertical space. Especially for smaller iPhones such as the iPhone SE.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 26, 2019 at 4:10 PM #38312

John Scoble
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan.

I got it to work (eventually).

There is however no indication when viewing the records part way down that the list is a limited set of records. One possibility would be to turn the filter icon solid, when the filtered list was being viewed.

John

November 28, 2019 at 5:59 PM #38384

Lorenz Ehrsam
    Participant

I happen to agree with John. It would be very helpful to have an indicator that a saved search is active so that when you’re scrolling through the list you’re always reminded that this is a subset of data. A highlighted filter icon would be a great compromise. Thanks.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.