Right-click Context Menus?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

JB Be
    Participant

In my Mac instance of Tapforms, there is no ‘right-click’ function resp. ‘context menu’ function, such as e.g. in Finder, MS Word etc., visible. Isn’t there any implementation of it or is my installation faulty/incomplete?

February 10, 2022 at 10:49 PM #46677

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi JB,

Right-click is supported in a few places.

1. On the Forms list on the left. You can choose from various functions such as Delete Form, Add Search Folder, Edit Form, etc.

2. On the records list view. You can choose Duplicate Record and Delete Record.

3. When editing a value the standard built-in context menu will appear, such as Lookup, Cut, Copy, Share, etc.

Were you looking for more than those?

Thanks,

Brendan

February 14, 2022 at 7:57 AM #46746

JB Be
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan, for replying so swiftly and for looking into it.

“1. On the Forms list on the left. You can choose from various
    functions such as Delete Form, Add Search Folder, Edit Form, etc.”
    I didn’t notice, yet. But then, it works only on Forms, but e.g. not on Filters under a form (where I would need it much more).

“2. On the records list view. You can choose Duplicate Record and Delete Record.”
    I am working almost exclusively in the Multi-column list view and strangely, the Context menus doesn’t appear there. Hence, I didn’t notice, yet, either.

“3. When editing a value the standard built-in context menu will
    appear, such as Lookup, Cut, Copy, Share, etc.”
    I don’t so much need the Context menu there and hence, I didn’t notice, either. But it’s correct, it’s there.

I am very much a ‘mouse/trackpad’ user and I am working with a very large screen (probably I am not alone with this setup). Due to the large screen, the Settings vertical bar to the right and even the Menu bar on top are very far away, and hence, working with Tapworks requires much mousing around, long ways to go to a specific Inspector and click on a small icon in them, etc. In this situation, more Context menus seem to be a very desirable solution.

Be.

February 14, 2022 at 10:46 PM #46750

Brendan
    Keymaster

1. There is a context menu also when you have a Saved Search selected. You can select Edit Search, Create Search Folder, Duplicate Search, and Delete Search.

2. That’s right, it’s a different control and doesn’t support the context menus. Sorry for that.

Thanks for the feature request for more context menus.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.