retrieving apple health data (via Shortcuts?)

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Script Talk retrieving apple health data (via Shortcuts?)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Guillaume Kuster
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking for a way to retrieve Apple Health Data (obviously on iPhone) to then store it in Tap forms. Is there any known way to do this? The simplest would be to use Shortcuts but I can’t make Tap Forms work with Shortcuts. I can see two listed actions (Create record and Search record) but these two don’t work for me (In the Shortcut editing interface, I’m invited to pick a form to interact with from Tap Forms but touching this throws an error – sée attached screen grab (English translation of alert: An error has occurred)).

All ideas welcome!

Thanks,

Guillaume

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 28, 2020 at 11:46 AM #39677

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Guillaume,

Those two shortcut actions were accidentally left in there. I’ve removed them for the next update. I tried to make them work, but because of the dynamic nature of Tap Forms, I couldn’t get it to ask you for values for the fields, so I couldn’t make that work. At least not until Apple enhances Shortcuts to allow dynamically assignable parameters. So right now the only shortcut that works is the one for running form scripts.

But it might be interesting to integrate Tap Forms directly with HealthKit so you could import all your HealthKit data into Tap Forms. I workout every day myself and use the Activity app to view my health data. So it would benefit a lot of people I think. I’ll think about it.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 1, 2020 at 7:07 AM #39696

Guillaume Kuster
    Participant

Thanks Brendan,

Yep, the activity app is great but is missing some features eg. adding pictures or getting custom period averages on certain stats, creating comparison screens etc… something that TF would tackle easily.

Best,

-Guillaume

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.