Rethinking some Forms… Calling all TF Power Users!!

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Rethinking some Forms… Calling all TF Power Users!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have been rethinking how I constructed some of my TapForms Forms in light of some changes to how I have to collect/report/output some of my data.

There are some .xls spreadsheets I am required to fill in for an annual report that come from a gov’t agency. Then I have my records. What is the best way to get help with this kind of problem? Should I upload the spreadsheet forms and screenshot one of my TF records? Or try to describe the situation?

I feel like there may be places where I’m not using TF to its fullest extent, instead relying on pick lists and manual entry for item description/pricing/units/inventory/notes etc. where maybe I should be creating a whole set of records for each item in the pick lists that includes the pricing, thus tying those data points together and then relating the records/drawing them into a table for the monthly and annual report forms I have to fill in.

I am wondering if I can get the calculations to work to the point where I can recreate the gov’t forms in TapForms and do the output all in one go. They are ultimately submitted as PDF forms, so no need to wind up with an .xls file.

I could use a bit of help figuring out the best approach. At the moment my records are mostly redundant. What would be helpful to include in this thread to get some advice?

July 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM #10502

Here are screenshots of the monthly and annual report forms. I end up using about ten copies of the monthly page to fit all my crops (3 per page) and two annual report forms.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM #10508

Here are screenshots of two monthly records for one crop. Is there a better way to just include all of the monthly harvest/sales/pricing in a single record for each crop for the year? Or do I still need separate records for each crop for each month?

Is there a better way to set up the records so they are easy to import into a summary record that would mimic the gov’t report spreadsheet?

At this point, I wind up filling in all my TF records, exporting them as a table, and then manually filling in the report copying from the TF records. Not a good use of my time. And, at the moment, TF doesn’t give me my monthly and annual totals (harvest, sales, etc.) for my various crops, which I would really like it to do.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.