Restoring Tap Forms database from Time Machine

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Restoring Tap Forms database from Time Machine

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Carol Moncrief
    Participant

After spending quite a bit of time with Apple support, I learned that they are having problems with Macs (all Macs) and the iCloud interface. After resetting A LOT I am now trying to rebuild and trying to restore my Tap Forms database from my Time Machine (or even backups stored on my Mac), since the Mac cannot access the iCloud files. That’s were my Backups are.

I’ve read the forum for finding where the backups are on the Mac. But I cannot seem to access it thru the app. I even made a copy of the DB and put it on my desktop and the TF app did not allow me to select it (grayed out).

So how do I restore from a backup via Time Machine or even from my Mac, where I cannot also select the copy of the database file. Thanks!

October 24, 2015 at 11:00 PM #15075

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Carol,

Tap Forms backup file names look like this: TF-[device name – some timestamp].zip

So if you have a file that looks something like that, then you can use the Restore command from the File menu to restore it.

The main Tap Forms database file is called TapForms_db.sqlite and can be found here:

~/Library/Containers/com.tapforms.mac/Data/Documents

So you can use Time Machine to restore that file.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 24, 2015 at 11:08 PM #15077

Carol Moncrief
    Participant

Whew! Thanks so much! You saved me again:-) That worked!

December 14, 2016 at 3:25 PM #20620

Rick Zinda
    Participant

Is this the same for TapForms 5 on mac sierra? I cannot locate similar files from Time Machine?

December 14, 2016 at 3:29 PM #20621

Rick Zinda
    Participant

Also, I am getting an Error Opening Database file. Database disk image is malformed. Any direction to restore would be great!

December 14, 2016 at 3:37 PM #20622

Brendan
    Keymaster

On Tap Forms 5 the documents are stored here:

~/Library/Containers/com.tapzapp.tapforms-mac/Data/Documents

Or you can click on the Show in Finder button on the main Database Documents window.

Which version of Tap Forms 5 are you using?

Did you make any regular backups? Are you syncing with Cloudant? If so, then once you restore, Cloudant should catch your database up to the most recent change made.

December 14, 2016 at 3:43 PM #20623

Rick Zinda
    Participant

Not syncing with Cloudant but I do make regular backups. Using a backup I have I am getting a “Error Opening Database File databse disk image is malformed.

December 14, 2016 at 4:13 PM #20624

Rick Zinda
    Participant

Nevermind, I was able to resolve another way. Thank you!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.