Restoring Iphone data to a new ipad

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Renesboy
    Participant

Is it possible to transfer forms created on my iphone to a new ipad. I’ve already loaded the Tapforms app onto the ipad but have no way of restoring my iphone data using syncdocs. Any ideas?

May 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM #4095

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Renesboy,

Sure, you can use the form beaming function to transfer directly from your phone to your iPad. But it will only work one record at a time. Alternatively, you can export all the records for a form as a CSV file using the Export Records function on the record list view for your form. Then using the built-in WebDAV server, transfer the file to your desktop computer. Once it’s there, turn on the WebDAV server on in Tap Forms on your iPad and then use your favourite web browser to connect to the address specified. Then you will be able to upload the CSV file to your iPad and import it there.

Hope that helps a bit.

And just to let you know, I am working on an iPad specific version of Tap Forms.

Thanks!

Brendan

May 30, 2010 at 5:17 AM #4097

rprather
    Participant

Will the iPad version be at an additional cost or will it be a universal app for all the iphone OS devices?

May 30, 2010 at 6:05 AM #4098

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello rprather,

It will be an additional cost. But it will be worth it.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 9, 2011 at 1:51 AM #4594

Walthour
    Participant

Once it’s there, turn on the WebDAV server on in Tap Forms on your iPad and then use your favourite web browser to connect to the address specified. Then you will be able to upload the CSV file to your iPad and import it there.

ipad 2 cases

ipad2 cases leather

iPad2 case

December 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM #5004

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t use iTunes for the purpose of data transfer from iPhone to iPad because of 2 most important reasons. iTunes does not offer selective backup and the second thing is that the data transfer rate is very slow. Moreover user might often experience synchronization problems.

Instead of using iTunes I recommend users to opt for some automatic tool like iMacsoft iPhone to Mac Transfer Software. I have used the software and trust me it works like a charm.

February 2, 2012 at 11:34 AM #5061

steffytailor
    Participant

Yes, you can transfer data from your iPhone to your new iPad without making any data loss, only by using iPhone transfer software. It is so well developed software for transferring files from iPhone to iPhone or from iPhone to iPad or to PC in few minutes by using only few steps. You can find more information regarding it from the below link : http://www.iphonetransfer.info

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.