Restoring ios tap forms to mac

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Len Hayashi
    Participant

I used tap forms (Free) to create several new forms to test the app and see if I liked this data management software. Then I purchased the Mac version and am trying to figure out how to get the forms that i created on my ios to my mac. I tried backing my ios version then using that to restore on my mac. The issue is that I can only see the latest form that i created and the other two that have relationships don’t show up. If I try to export the form and then import it, the master form shows up but the forms i filled don’t show up and the relationship links don’t work. Any suggestions on how i can get those new forms to my mac.

Thanks

April 25, 2014 at 5:26 AM #9725

Leo
    Participant

Hi,

try using syncing with iCloud.

You need on both devices the same apple-ID.

Then turn on Syncing. (button with the cloud on the MAC and in options on de IOS)

everything will be synced so your forms and data are the same.
    There is no auto sync so if you change a thing on either one device you must use the button (mac) or pull the screen down in the main form screen (iOS)

Leo

April 25, 2014 at 9:38 AM #9726

Len Hayashi
    Participant

Hi Leo,

Both my MAC and IOS are linked to same Icloud id but I don’t see my IOS on list of registered devices on my MAC version of Tap Forms.
    When i push sync on both devices nothing changes. Do i need to have the paid version of the IOS soft to get syncing to work?

Thanks for your help,

Len

April 25, 2014 at 11:05 AM #9729

Leo
    Participant

I don’t think you need the pro version.

Did you turn on syncing on both devices?

If so, then you can see the device in the list.

If not then Brendan must help you with this?

April 25, 2014 at 3:35 PM #9730

Len Hayashi
    Participant

On the Tap Forms (FAQ) instructions, it says i have to enable icloud sync switch in the tools screen. I don’t see that option on my IOS, so im guessing syncing is not enabled for the free version.

April 25, 2014 at 11:03 PM #9734

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Len,

You’re correct. iCloud sync is not available in the free version.

If you upgrade to the full version (or download the separate full version from the App Store), then you’ll get the iCloud sync function.

However, you should have been able to restore from the backup you made on the free version to your Mac.

After you restored, it’s possible the categories on the left of the window were simply collapsed. I know that gets a lot of people. You just need to hover your mouse over the category names, then click on the “Show” text that appears to the right. Then you’ll see all the forms within the category you just expanded.

Thanks!

Brendan

April 26, 2014 at 7:12 AM #9737

Len Hayashi
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

You are right, the issue was that the window was collapsed. I was able to find my new forms after I restored.

Thanks so much, will be getting the IOS version so that i can sync both.
    Great software by the way.

Len

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.