Restoring Database from iPad version and losing sample forms

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Restoring Database from iPad version and losing sample forms

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

kag
    Participant

I’ve been using TapForms for the iPhone and iPad for quite some time and am very glad that there is a Mac version and that I’ll be able to sync data easily between all three devices. However, when I opened the Mac version and imported my data via a restore my data I seem to have lost the sample databases that came with the Mac version. Is there some way to get them back in order to explore them and see if they might be of use to me? Many thanks for a great program!

October 31, 2012 at 10:51 PM #5502

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Kag,

When you restore, it completely wipes out the current database and replaces it with the restored version. If you want to get the sample database that came with Tap Forms back, I’ve uploaded a copy of it here: https://www.tapforms.com/default-database/TapForms_db.sqlite

1. Make another backup of your database in Tap Forms Mac using the Backup menu item in Tap Forms. You’ll be replacing your existing database file with this file.

2. Quit Tap Forms

3. Copy the TapForms_db.sqlite file into your ~/Library/Containers/com.tapforms.mac/Data/Documents folder. You can get there by copying that path into the Finder’s Go to Folder menu item.

4. Re-launch Tap Forms.

5. You’ll now have the default database. Poke around a bit at the built-in forms. If there’s anything you’d like to move over to your regular database, then just use the Export Form Template command in the File Menu to export the form you like. Do this for each form.

6. Restore your backed up database using the Restore menu item.

7. Use the Import Form Template menu item to import the forms. You can also drag a form template onto the Tap Forms icon to import it too.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.