Restoring a backup

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Irene Oudyk-Suk
    Participant

Hello everyone.

So I made a mistake a couple of days ago and I lost a bunch of fields with data. I want to reverse this process. I have not done anything in tap forms for quite a while as I was away.

Based on a previous help topic in these forums on my macbook I went to finder–>go to and put in

~/Library/Containers/com.tapzapp.tapforms-mac/Data/Documents/Backups

In that backup folder I found a zip file that was last modified on July 22, 2023. That is perfect. How do I restore that to today — thereby effectively erasing the errors I made.

Thanks for your help

Irene

August 11, 2023 at 3:57 PM #49761

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Irene,

In the File menu there’s a Restore command. You can use that command to restore from that backup file. When prompted, just go to that Backups folder and select it to restore. Make sure the document you’re restoring isn’t currently opened.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 11, 2023 at 5:12 PM #49765

Irene Oudyk-Suk
    Participant

Thanks Brendan

hmmmm… I did a restore. However the data is not there. As I investigated a bit further I think it is because a few days ago when I was messing with one of the forms I changed the layout name (i do not remember what the previous layout name was) and I changed the name of a field.

Perhaps this  post from  October 29, 2021 in the forum applies here?  https://www.tapforms.com/forums/topic/deleted-layouts/

Irene

August 11, 2023 at 9:19 PM #49767

Brendan
    Keymaster

Are you syncing with other devices? If you sync and then restore from an earlier time, the data will be re-synced from that point in time the backup was made to the current time.

So you could follow those instructions to disable sync, then restore, then do the other things in that list of steps.

August 13, 2023 at 3:00 PM #49776

Irene Oudyk-Suk
    Participant

Thanks. Looks like I am back where I want to be. Irene

August 13, 2023 at 6:10 PM #49777

Brendan
    Keymaster

Excellent!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.