Restore windows error…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hey Brendan!

I recently upgraded Tapforms on my iPhone (3.7.1 (39)) and Mac (2.1.1). I unfortunately haven’t been able to upgrade my iPhone or Mac to the latest iOS yet as my backup HDs are on the fritz. Some time after upgrading, (and perhaps turning off/turning on iCloud sync?) I have been getting a ‘fatal’ error on launching Tapforms on the Mac. It gives the dialog box “Restore Windows” (see attached screenshot). Neither option (don’t restore/restore) recovers the application.

Should I throw it in the trash and reinstall it? Delete a p-file somewhere? Not sure what to do to fix it. TF is still running and collecting a lot of data on my phone, so I can restore from the phone version’s database if that will be compatible with the mac.

As a precaution to preserve my data, I have turned off syncing on the phone for now. Didn’t want to cross contaminate with the possibly compromised one on the Mac.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 18, 2014 at 5:04 PM #9442

Brendan
    Keymaster

Was there a crash report that happens after you click on one of those buttons? I’d like to see it.

If you want to start fresh, you can delete the database file here:

~/Library/Containers/com.tapforms.mac/Data/Documents/TapForms_db.sqlite

Or at least just rename it. When you launch again, Tap Forms will re-create the sample database. You can then restore from your iPhone after that.

But I’d like to see the crash report if there is one.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 18, 2014 at 5:24 PM #9445

Emailed it to you!

March 19, 2014 at 2:33 AM #9447

Brendan
    Keymaster

For others reading this post or searching via Google, the issue was caused because there is an incompatibility between the rich text stored in Note fields between iOS 7 and OS X 10.7.5. There is no incompatibility with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Lion is becoming too old to stay compatible with it, so I’m considering dropping support for Lion so that compatibilities like this don’t cause a problem in the future.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.