"Restore" Menu Command Missing

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Peter
    Participant

Dear Tap Forms,
    Thank you for a great product–I’ve enjoyed using it!
    I just upgraded through the Apple store to Tap Forms version 5.0 (build 722) (TF5) on both of my Macs.
    I migrated the data from the earlier version of Tap Forms on one Mac. The migration worked fine–thank you.
    I backed up the data in the new TF5, and manually transferred it to my second Mac. The new TF5 is missing the Restore command on the File menu. The Backup command is present, but the Restore command is missing. In its place is a grayed out Migrate command.
    The on-line documentation says (and shows) there should be a Restore command on the File menu <https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5/en/topic/form-commands&gt;.
    How do I restore a backup file?
    Thank you,
    Peter

August 4, 2016 at 3:33 AM #17918

Manfred Ell
    Participant

Wondering the same thing. Just wanted to restore a backup because of the sync trials and nothing.

August 5, 2016 at 4:59 PM #18180

Tee Jay
    Participant

Wondering the same thing too. Just wanted to test a restore on backup

August 6, 2016 at 2:52 AM #18216

Brendan
    Keymaster

In this version Tap Forms backups are just zipped up .tapforms files.

So just unzip it in the Finder. Now you have your restored database.

If you want it to appear in the Database Documents window, just drag it there.

August 6, 2016 at 2:53 AM #18217

Brendan
    Keymaster

I was trying to go for making Tap Forms more like an iWork application. You don’t have a Restore function in Numbers, Pages, or Keynote. You just manage backing up and restoring those files with Time Machine. You can do the same with Tap Forms, but I also give you a backup command to make it easy.

August 6, 2016 at 1:29 PM #18237

Peter
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan, for your speedy response during this busy time of deploying new software.

Yes, I can recover the TF5 data file using Time Machine.

Likewise, I can copy the TF5 data file from /Users/[username]/Library/Containers/com.tapzapp.tapforms-mac/Data/Documents and transfer the TF5 data file to my second machine. Now that it is a single file, it is easy to do and not miss copying anything.

Thank you.

Peter

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.