"Reset sync" isn't enough to resolve syncing discrepancy

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms "Reset sync" isn't enough to resolve syncing discrepancy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Brent McInnis
    Participant

In one form, Tap Forms shows 2240 items on my Mac and iPhone, but only 2239 items on each of my two iPads. The devices are all seeing each other, and are syncing – but this discrepancy persists.

I’ve tried the standard operation of
    – Clicking on the Reset iCloud Sync function on each device
    – Tapping on the Enable iCloud Sync button on all your devices
    – Waiting until all devices see each other.
    – Clicking on the upload to iCloud button on the device I want to govern the others (one of the devices with 2240 items)

The devices say they are syncing… but the two iPads still wind up only showing 2239 items in the form in question.

How can I force a “harder” cloud sync?

Thanks!

November 23, 2015 at 12:03 AM #15294

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Brent,

There’s 2 counts that get displayed. One on the main forms list. The other at the top of the records list view.

Do they all agree on the record count on all devices? I’m wondering if the recordCount property of the Form object itself has gotten out of sync with the actual record count.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 23, 2015 at 9:38 PM #15302

Brent McInnis
    Participant

The counts are self-consistent on all 4 devices. That is, the two devices which report 2240 items do so on both their main forms list and the top of their records list view; the two devices which report 2239 items do so on both their main forms list and the top of their records list view.

Thanks.

November 24, 2015 at 10:24 PM #15308

Brent McInnis
    Participant

I am still looking for help on this. What can I do to get the counts on all devices to be identical? If I delete Tap Forms from the two devices which have the smaller count, and then reinstall it on those two devices, will they then get counts which agree with the other two devices? If not, what should I do instead?

Thanks.

November 25, 2015 at 1:19 AM #15312

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you add a record to the one that’s missing a record and then sync, what happens to the other device? Is it always one off even after you add records? And is it just that one form or does it happen on other forms too?

November 25, 2015 at 11:42 PM #15325

Brent McInnis
    Participant

Brendan,

Your question regarding adding a record to the one that’s missing a record has fixed the problem. I had been adding and deleting to the device which had the higher count, but I found that adding to the devices with the lower count and then syncing got them back in sync with the devices with the higher count.

So I’m good now – all devices are reporting the same count, and staying consistent when I add / delete and sync. Thanks for your excellent support.

November 26, 2015 at 12:20 AM #15326

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Brent,

Oh that’s good news. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.