Request

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Josef Tingbratt
    Participant

Hi!

Thanks for a good software that finally works wit all syncing. My patience might be the missing point…

I’m wondering if its possible to make Tap Forms fetch data from another form. I use one form for my customers and one for the orders. They are connected to each other through “link from form”.

That makes me see a table overview of my customers information in my order-form. Would it be possible to make a field in the order field that use i.e. the customer number or adress?

January 23, 2015 at 12:34 AM #12769

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Josef,

Do you have the “Show Inverse Relationship” function enabled on your Link To Form field? If so then you would be able to see the relationships from both directions. Customer -> Orders and also Order -> Customer. So you could find all the orders for a particular customer or view which customer an order was for.

But at the moment there’s no way to extract any information from the linked form to be directly embedded as a field value within the parent form.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 23, 2015 at 3:42 AM #12774

Leo
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

“But at the moment there’s no way to extract any information from the linked form to be directly embedded as a field value within the parent form.”

You know I really would like this addition too, it would make a great enhancement in TF. Is there any chance this would be implemented in the future?

Leo

January 23, 2015 at 4:16 PM #12779

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

There’s always a possibility of this. I do know that you need this feature too.

But I have to prioritize things and I’m currently working on some big projects such as Dropbox sync and the performance update. I can squeeze in the odd small feature here and there in between, but this one in particular needs a bunch of time to think it through to figure out exactly how it would be implemented best for the user. I’m not sure if it should be just an enhancement to the Link to Form field type options or if it should be an entirely new field type or what.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 23, 2015 at 10:24 PM #12782

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

thanks, I keep my hopes on.

A gesture, make it a new field. That way one can make use of more than one field from another form.

just as you stated on the other discussion i.e. new field = linkedform:field1

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.