Request for more complex search conditions…

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Request for more complex search conditions…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Joel Blackwell
    Participant

It’d be great to have search options that go beyond ‘all’ and ‘any’ for the entire search. For example, between each condition, having ‘and’ or ‘or’.

At the moment I can’t have a list of products that use a set of any conditions, but also exclude items based on one certain condition.

September 27, 2018 at 12:17 PM #30794

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Joel,

Actually you can do that now on the Mac version to create a search that has more complex behaviour.

What you do is when you click the filter button and then see the [+] button to add a new search rule, hold the option key down and it changes to a […] button. Clicking that will give you another grouping where you can choose All or Any again for that part of the search.

I haven’t advertised it as a feature because I haven’t built the UI for it on the iOS version. Although those compound type searches do work on the iOS version, you can’t edit them there.

See my screenshot which effectively implements the following query:

Insured Value > 100 AND (Category contains 'Computer' OR Category contains 'Electronics')

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 27, 2018 at 8:11 PM #30802

Joel Blackwell
    Participant

Amazing, and although I’ll need that for iOS at some point, that works for me at the moment! Thanks :)

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.