Request for Folder (Category) picklist to speed up scrolling through forms

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Request for Folder (Category) picklist to speed up scrolling through forms

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

meddle
    Participant

Hi Brendon,

Could I ask if you have any plans to either develop folders for the forms or the ability to hide forms within the categories so that when you are on the main screen you do not have to scroll through all the different forms to find the one needed. I would find it less cluttered if I had just a list of the categories with perhaps a button which expands the category to show the forms?

I am purely looking at it from the point of view that I now have over 120 different forms on the Database spread across 13 categories. I know that I can add particular records as favourites but you cannot add forms as favourites. Therefore I am forever scrolling up and down the forms list to pick out the form I want. If I had the option of just scrolling through the 12 categories as a picklist and then expanding them to show the forms in that category I am sure it would take me much less time. I have other databases on the Iphone and they all seem to work this way but instead of using categories they use folders. This would be my No.1 request as it’s the only thing preventing me from giving the app 5 stars.

Thanks in advance,

meddle

August 13, 2010 at 10:36 PM #4163

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Meddle,

This is something I’m looking into. But not before the iPad version is ready.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 14, 2010 at 2:42 AM #4164

jeffepp
    Participant

This is something I would be interested in as well. I am using this program for cataloging my comic book collection. The size of the forms is unmanageable, even split into separate forms by publisher. I am planning to break up the larger forms (Marvel and DC) into individual title forms, but then face the problem of organization. Folders and Sub-Folders would make this a whole lot easier.

I wish we didn’t have the hardware limitation. It would be far easier to do this in a single, large form, but I learned that does not work the hard way.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.