Request for Feature

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author

gordonn
    Participant

I would love to see a Restricted User Mode

It could be activated by using a different password then the Admin one

The Restricted user can only enter data.

The Restricted user should also have a Date Edit Lock, as in the Admin user could control how many days/hours back the restricted user could change already filled in fields

This Feature would help you break into the medium business and up arenas

January 16, 2011 at 7:08 PM #4342

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Gordon,

Thanks for the feature requests. How do you think I would handle the situation where the user changes the date on his iDevice in order to get around the time lock?

Also, what’s your use case example for these features?

Thanks,

Brendan

January 17, 2011 at 12:32 AM #4343

gordonn
    Participant

Hi Brendan

The enterprise security profiles for iPad/iphone allow you to lock users out of the settings… I think this can also be done with parent controls

Almost any type of field service company… From air conditioning techs to security techs to sales. Almost any time you don’t want employes dicking around with historical reports.

Admins user should also have an option to remove the communications options for the restricted user.

You could sell this Feature in a enterprise ver of you app and charge $15 more and I would happily buy 10+ for my own company

January 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM #4345

gordonn
    Participant

You could also make it save the time stamp every time the application is opened / closed. If the device time is newer then the time stamp the restricted user is locked out until the admin clears it.

January 19, 2011 at 12:10 AM #4348

henleyrh
    Participant

I would love to see the ability to do simple add subtract between fields. Field x +- field y = field Z

January 19, 2011 at 12:12 AM #4350

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Henleyrh,

This will be coming in a future update for sure. It’s the second most highly requested feature behind the desktop version. I’m hoping to start working on it after I release my next update which has the many-to-many function a lot of people have been requesting.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 19, 2011 at 12:15 AM #4351

henleyrh
    Participant

Wow thanks for the fast response. Don’t want to sound dumb but what is the many to many feature?

January 19, 2011 at 12:16 AM #4352

henleyrh
    Participant

Btw. Love the product I’m building a ships log section for tracking the many moving parts of yachts

January 19, 2011 at 12:58 AM #4353

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Henleyrh,

The many-to-many feature will allow you to change the way the Link to Form field type behaves. Say you have a boat form which lists a bunch of boats. Now each boat has many parts. Right now, if you had a parts field using the current Link to Form field type, you would need to create new boat parts for every boat in your form, even if the boat part was the same for many boats. With the many-to-many feature, you will be able to create a master list of boat parts (maybe even including a photo of the boat part and it’s price) and then just pick the parts from a list of parts. It’s kind of like Pick Lists, but on steroids.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 19, 2011 at 2:08 AM #4354

gordonn
    Participant

My Request for Feature has been Hijacked :(

Please do tell if the user/admin mode is something you are looking into

Cheers

January 19, 2011 at 4:00 AM #4355

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Gordonn,

Sorry for not following up properly, Guess I got distracted by the other questions.

So basically you would need a full permissions based system I would think. Basically the ability to select from a list of features and turn them on or off and then provide a master password to turn them off. Would you think a 4 digit passcode would suffice, or would you think a more complex alphanumeric password would be required?

I’m not saying I’m going to be able to implement this feature as described or at all. I’m just trying to get more information about how it would be used. That may help me figure out if it’s something I can implement without too much difficulty in a short period of time. I do find that an intriguing feature request. I just have so many things on the list, it’s hard to pick and choose what to do. Everyone as you can imagine needs something different.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 19, 2011 at 11:44 PM #4358

Rob
    Participant

Pinch me! Am I dreaming? I’ve been waiting for the many-to-many feature since I first downloaded the app. After we get this feature, all I’ll need is a desktop version and I can say adios to Bento. Thanks Brendan!

January 19, 2011 at 11:48 PM #4359

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Rob,

Thanks very much. I’m pretty excited about this feature too.

Shouldn’t be much longer.

Brendan

January 21, 2011 at 4:03 PM #4360

Pebospod
    Participant

What I would like to see is a Use mode verse Edit mode option. So that once you have entered your data you can page through it without the worry of accidently changing a check box or the like. Then just have an Edit button or add an Edit option to the action menu to change to Edit mode and when in Edit mode the button or option says Use so you can quickly jump back and forth between the two. And if had the option to password protect the Edit button you would be half way there to what they are talking about above. I really look forward to the many to many feature, that will be a huge in my opinion.

Thanks,

Peter

January 21, 2011 at 4:06 PM #4361

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Peter,

That’s a good idea which I have been asked about before. The only problem is where to put the Edit button? I already have the action menu button at the top-right. I could add it as a menu option I suppose, but that wouldn’t be very convenient. I could just use an icon though, just like I do on the list view next to the action menu there. Perhaps a pencil icon or something.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 21, 2011 at 8:13 PM #4362

Pebospod
    Participant

Hey Brendan,

I understand there isn’t a lot of real estate, I am actually using a touch so I have less than the people with the iPhone. What about putting it on the form screen next to the plus. That way you either choose to Edit or View the data before you open a form. You already have a form button at the bottom of the screen that jumps you back to the form screen if you you want to change from Edit to View or vise-versa. Just a thought.

Thanks,

Peter

January 25, 2011 at 7:09 PM #4368

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Peter,

It would also be nice if you were in “view” mode instead of “edit” mode that Tap Forms only displays the fields that actually have data.

Now who do “I” talk to to get this done? ;-)

Thanks!

Brendan

January 27, 2011 at 6:10 PM #4369

Pebospod
    Participant

Brendan,

Try emailing these guys. support@tapforms.com

Hopefully they can help you, but don’t hold your breath.

The other option is wish in one hand and… never mind…:)

Thanks,

Peter

February 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM #4399

Rob
    Participant

Hiya Brendan,

Greetings from Malibu.

Any idea when the latest update for iPhone with the many-to-many feature will be submitted to Apple?

Everyday I check for an update in hopes that today will be the day.

I’m patient but I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Thanks,

Rob

February 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM #4400

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

I’m mostly just waiting for my translators to come back with some updates. I also haven’t heard much from my beta testers, so I’m assuming that means they’re not having any troubles with the latest updates I’ve been sending out.

I’m hoping to get it out the door this week to Apple.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 9, 2011 at 8:37 PM #4401

Rob
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me on that. I always appreciate your quick responses. Just curious though…what do I need to do to be considered for a Beta Tester?

February 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM #4402

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Rob,

Are you a thorough tester? And what kind of device(s) and Operating System versions do you have?

Also send me an email to my support address.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 21 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.