Request for Feature (Search All Forms)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the iPad Version. It is still my favorite after using so many db softwares in iPad.

Requests:

1.Could it be possible to add the feature of “Search” function, I’d like to see “Search Current Form” and “Search All Forms” options at the same time. In many cases, “Search Current Form” alraedy satisfy user’s demand and make the search results more readable.(No need to see unnecessary forms’ data)

2.Can search results “temporarily” display on the left side (list of records) with the tag “Found Records” for instance, which is much easier to view the records without tapping the search icon again. After viewing all records, we can view all records by tapping “Show All Records”

3.I’d like to create a video database using tapform, and it seemed that the field type “File Attachment” could play the mov videos and MP3 smoothly. So I’m wandering that could it be possible to handle thousands of clips stored in “Imported Files”.

Thanks,

Arthur

January 25, 2011 at 7:07 PM #4367

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Arthur,

1. Well, that’s already there I think that you’ve found. But I think your #1 and #2 requests are the same thing. Perhaps using a scope bar would be appropriate for this request. I’ll think about that.

2. as #1

3. I don’t think it matters as long as you have enough space on your device. It might take a few seconds to load the list of records though. That’s an area that I’m always thinking about how to optimize. If you want to upload many files at once or even create your own sub-folder to store your file attachments in, you’ll need to use the built-in FTP server to do this. The web server will only let you upload one file at a time. Once you have your folder created and your files uploaded, you can import your records from a CSV file that are already mapped to the files in your folder. Just set the value of the <file> column to “My Media Folder/My Awesome Video.m4v”, etc.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 9, 2011 at 12:35 PM #4730

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the latest update. It seems to fix the problem of not being able to display photos.

I have created a multi-media database incorporating mp3, m4p, and I use file attachment data type to play the medias. Before my latest update, it works great! Unfortunately, after I upgrade, it can not work anymore. Thanks.

Arthur

August 10, 2011 at 5:14 PM #4736

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Arthur,

Hmm… I’m wondering if that’s because I’m using the new QuickLook function in iOS 4 to view documents? I’ll have to investigate that. So it’s just mp3 and m4p files that don’t work? Do other files work? Like PDF files and stuff? I did testing with those types of files, just not the media file types. I’ll give that a go to see what’s up with that.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 11, 2011 at 2:51 AM #4737

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Brendan,

My iPad OS version is 4.2.1。I have just created a new Form with a file attachment data type field, and I have tried doc, PDF file types in vain. I’m wondering if it is something relating the version problem. Thanks.

Arthur

August 11, 2011 at 3:15 AM #4738

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Brendan,

PDF, CSV, TXT File are ok, but ppt, doc, mp4, mp3 files don’t work. Thanks

Arthur

August 11, 2011 at 3:55 AM #4739

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Arturo,

I tried it with PDF, CSV, TXT, XLS, PPT and DOC and they all worked fine. But you’re right, the mp3 and mp4 don’t work.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 11, 2011 at 3:58 AM #4740

Brendan
    Keymaster

I wonder if Apple added more support for more document types in later iOS versions. I have iOS 4.3.5. Is it possible for you to upgrade to a newer OS?

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.