Report writer

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

jsonewald
    Participant

Does anyone have suggestions for a report writer that can use CSV or SQLite data from Tapforms?

May 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM #6165

Ian Longley
    Participant

Have you considered using Excel? It is a very flexible data analysis tool the output from which can be communicated it in printed form, or PDF, or via slide deck etc. Also it is not uncommon for other apps to support the exchange of information to and from Excel. You might also consider if an app called CSV Data View might be of use for adhoc reporting. You export the records from Tap Forms and open in CSV DataView (or other apps that may be available to you).

May 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM #6166

DrJJWMac
    Participant

LaTeX with data tool. See the link here …

Generating a Database Report via LaTeX

ps … Anyone curious for more details is welcomed to contact me directly.

JJW

May 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM #6193

rjkantor
    Participant

On the iPad I have been using ReportPlus Lite/Pro. This works with csv files exported from Tap Forms HD. I am still in search for a mac report writer. Let me know if anyone finds anything.

May 15, 2013 at 1:12 PM #6196

rjkantor
    Participant

I have found that SQLiteManager has a scripting capability and I have been able to write a report that pulls from Sqlite using the Lua scripting language. There is potential with this approach.

For more info: http://www.sqlabs.com/sqlitemanager.php

May 15, 2013 at 3:13 PM #6198

Brendan
    Keymaster

I use SQLiteManager myself for managing the development of the database that I use for Tap Forms. It’s a good app.

Tap Forms Mac has some better reporting abilities than the iOS versions. For example, you can print out a list of records in columnar format and you can print out multiple records at a time. You can also control which fields get printed.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.