Replaced iPhone, lost tapforms

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Liz Tapanes
    Participant

I replaced my iphone and was able to restore everything except tapforms. The app appeared on my desktop. I clicked on it and now it doesn’t recognize my fingerprint and it doesn’t give me an option to type it in any longer. I deleted it and downloaded it again but the database is blank. I went to do a restore and there are no backups to restore from. Is there a way for me to just retrieve tapforms or will I have to start over by wiping the phone?

November 1, 2019 at 12:07 AM #37633

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Liz,

I’m sorry this happened to you.

Did you copy any of your backup files to your computer at all?

Did you have your iPhone synced with Tap Forms for Mac or any other devices? If so, then you can use the Send Document to re-send a copy of the document back to your iPhone.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 1, 2019 at 10:22 AM #37651

Liz Tapanes
    Participant

Hi Brendan, no I did not. It is only backed up on my phone.

November 1, 2019 at 11:14 AM #37658

Liz Tapanes
    Participant

OK, here is what I had to do. I wiped the phone and instead of enabling Fingerprint (Touch ID), I just used a PIN. Then I restored from an iphone backup. I was able to log in to TapForms with just my passcode. Then I set up Touch ID. So the moral is, don’t set up Touch ID on an iPhone until you can get into Tap Forms otherwise you won’t get the prompt to enter a passcode.

November 1, 2019 at 10:33 PM #37670

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m glad you got it all worked out.

Now make a backup and send that backup somewhere off your device in case you need to restore again at some point. That way you don’t have to restore your entire iPhone.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.