Rename sample form

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Amy Debreceni
    Participant

I’m new to TapForms and keep getting screwed by it. It imported my Bento info into a sample form that I can’t figure out how to rename and save. When I restarted my computer, my “sample” form was gone and replaced with a Finnish one. I thought this would operate similarly to Bento, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Any help anyone can give would be very much appreciated.

July 16, 2023 at 10:29 AM #49693

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Amy,

Sorry for this trouble.

Just delete that Finnish Sample Forms document and that won’t happen again. Or if you don’t need them, delete the entire Samples International folder.

It’s best to create your own document rather than importing into the Sample Forms document. But if you want to keep using that Sample Forms document and simply rename it, make sure it’s closed first, then on the main Database Documents window, click the Sample Forms document, then click the (i) button at the bottom of the window.

That’ll display the Document Info panel on the right. You can rename the document there.

Or you can also rename it using the Finder. It’s just a file with a .tapforms file extension.

But please make sure that document is NOT opened at the time you rename it.

Thanks!

Brendan

July 28, 2023 at 9:48 AM #49731

Amy Debreceni
    Participant

That worked – thanks, Brendan! How do I make it the form that it opens to whenever I open Tapforms?

July 28, 2023 at 10:50 PM #49732

Brendan
    Keymaster

As long as you don’t close the document before you quit Tap Forms, when you re-launch Tap Forms, that same document should be opened automatically.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Brendan.
Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.