"relation" capability

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

GregOnline
    Participant

I read a post where you are working on the ability to have “relational” capabilities. This is interesting to me because first of all you have a great program. I downloaded it last night and was amazed at how simple it was to use. I have programmed relational databases for over 20 years, and since the database I have used is not available for the iTouch your program is refreshing.

I was trying to create a simple scheduling program. I see you have a picklist option, but it appears that you have to enter each person one at a time. I have over 300 names that I regularly schedule appointments for and this would be tedious. I imported a CSV file with two fields, name and phone. Is there any way currently to have that csv file import directly into a picklist, and when the name is filled from the name field the corresponding phone number would fill the phone field?

I would also like to be able to add a text box for example to add a title to the form such as Appointments or something to that effect. IS that currently possible?

Nevertheless, you have a wonderful program.

GregOnline

August 21, 2009 at 8:22 AM #3742

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

Thanks!

A relational field type is on my to-do list. I haven’t yet started on it. But I will definitely be implementing it. Most likely after my next update.

If you have contacts on your iPhone then you can associate contacts with your record. That works like a pick list where you can just select the contact. But at the moment there’s no way to properly associate the contacts during the import process. But if you do it manually on your device then you will have access to their phone number also. As long as you have the phone number in the contact record.

I don’t have an import function to import directly into a pick list. This feature has been requested by a couple of people before and I agree it would be good to have. I’m sure one day I will get around to it, but at the moment I have other more pressing things to implement.

You can name your form “Appointments” if you like. So that would give you your title. Please let me know if you are having trouble with that part.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 23, 2009 at 5:34 AM #3746

GregOnline
    Participant

Thanks Brendan.

It appears that my requests are nothing new. All I can hope for is that you implement it someday. Your suggestion regarding contacts is exactly how I have been doing it.

Yeah – How do I get the name “appointments” on my form?

GregOnline

August 25, 2009 at 5:32 AM #3748

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

When you’re viewing a record (the Edit Record) screen, tap the action menu, then tap Customize Form. Then tap the form name. You’ll be able to edit it and change the name. Tap Save when you’re done.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.