Related forms with related fields

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

gzamba
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I have been trying to build an EMR (electronic medical records) database for my patients using Tap Forms.
    I have a main form containing my patients’ main details, and then I have several other forms linked to the main form, containing other details, such as visits, operations, lab tests, biopsy results etc.
    Last year I had major problems with syncing through iCloud and all my extra forms where mixed up and linked to random records in the main form, and it has been impossible to locate which record from i.e. the visits form, matched which record from the main patient details form, as I did not include the patient name or ID on the other forms – I just relied on the internal linking process of tap forms for that.
    I now try to rebuild my database and want to prevent this from happening again.
    Is it possible to set up a “related” field between two forms, such as the name or patient ID, and have this field populated automatically (I used to do this with filemaker when I tried to do the same thing for my patient database there…)

December 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM #8144

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi gzamba,

I’m sorry for this trouble you had. I’m not sure what could have caused the scrambling of your relationships. There is no function for pulling in data to a main parent record from a child record. Only the linked records using the internal identifier as you are already aware.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 6, 2018 at 5:44 AM #30928

Marshall DeCouto
    Participant

Hi gzamba,

I am an acupuncturist who would like to use Tap Forms to create EMR for my patients. I really I would have a Profile form, an initial visit form (Initial SOAP notes) as well as a Follow up form (Progress SOAP form) and get the hierarchy correct where they are all linked. I would like to avoid repetitive lists of the same name in the alphabetical listing in the left hand column of the Progress form if possible.
    I would be most appreciative if you can shed any light on how you may have constructed your database.
    Best regards,

Marshall

October 6, 2018 at 10:29 PM #30932

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Marshall,

I believe I answered your question in email already.

Did you receive it?

Thanks,

Brendan

October 6, 2018 at 10:33 PM #30935

Marshall DeCouto
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Yes I was searching the forum for answers before I thought to write to you. I think I understand the hierarchy method and will be trying to lay it out today. Thanks again for your help!

Best regards
    Marshall

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.