Refresh only selected records (child form)

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Refresh only selected records (child form)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Ju
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to update only selected entries? For me, the menu entry is always gray, either in table view or list view (see screenshots).

If you select “Refresh record list”, Tap Forms recalculates all entries. This takes a particularly long time if you have many entries (with scripts and calculations). Especially when you are in a child form entry you only want to update the associated entries and not all of the forms in the background.

Is this a mistake or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks to all.
    Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 9, 2021 at 4:03 PM #43404

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ll have to look into the Refresh Selected Record option. But it could be a focus issue. Just click on your custom layout, anywhere inside it and it should become enabled.

You can also click the little refresh button at the bottom of the record details view to do the same thing.

The Refresh Records List function does operate on all of the records in the form, not just the selected ones.

February 10, 2021 at 3:38 AM #43407

Chris Ju
    Participant

Refresh button works always. Also the menu refresh works if one click in the custom layout…

It would be great if only selected record (in all views) could be updated.

Thanks.
    Chris

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.