Records Vanished

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Tom Banks
    Participant

I have a document of 6.8 mg. The data is of course important. Suddenly, when I use the usual procedure to open the document, the only option I have is New Form. But when I try that, it does not access my records, either. Oddly, another large document also showed no records, but when I clicked on something, records appeared. But now I can’t get that to happen with either document. Other documents tell me No Form Selected. With other documents, if I click on New Form, a new form appears, but also a listing of the document’s records. Can someone (Brendan?) please help me return this to sanity? Thanks.

April 22, 2018 at 2:05 PM #28362

Tom Banks
    Participant

OK, a somewhat half-shame-faced follow-up. I discover that the little triangle in the top left corner CAN make the record titles visible. Bu sometimes I still have to click on New Form to make the names of records appear PLUS the reveal triangle. To me, that’s an inconsistency, and not a friendly one. But maybe there’s a friendly explanation why Tap Forms directory should work in (what seems to me) a non-standatr Mac manner.

April 22, 2018 at 7:30 PM #28365

Brendan
    Keymaster

You may have had the Uncategorized category collapsed as well as the main Forms List.

Click to the right of “Uncategorized” and click on the Show button.

April 22, 2018 at 7:31 PM #28366

Brendan
    Keymaster

Also, I don’t think there’s anything there that’s non-standard Mac behaviour. If you look at Apple Mail, they have a Show button that appears to the right of their categories too.

April 23, 2018 at 1:58 PM #28377

Tom Banks
    Participant

Brendan, Thanks for quickly appearing. I agree now that the Uncategorized category and main Forms list had collapsed. I did not expect this because I had not told Tap Forms to do that. I did not expect a need for a New Form. All the documents that I had not recently opened showed no records available when I opened the document. I think documents ought to stay put when reopened.

As for the Mail app user interface analogy…I do not think it’s really analogous. When I look at my main Mail window, there is no Show button at the top left. In fact, to hide and show the Mailbox list (left column) takes a menu command (View or Cmd-Shift-M). Each of those listed mailboxes (which do have Show triangles) shows all their mail. It doesn’t go away and require rediscovery when I reopen the app. (Why have to click on New Form? I had a perfectly good old one.) Finally, I can get to my files (the ones not recently used) without having to dig down into Library>Containers>Etc to find them. In short, I don’t know any other Mac main window that works like that of Tap Forms.

In sum, I’m sure like to see the main window and its behavior reconsidered.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.