Records Sharing in Link-to-Form

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I create a new Form and try to use an existing Form (i.e. a Workers List) the field containing the existing Form only shows a blank representation of the other existing Form. If I enter a Worker that record gets added to the existing Form and is viewable if I look at that Form only, but the other records do not show up in the new embedded form… Shouldn’t is show the fully populated version? Or am I missing something?

February 2, 2011 at 5:37 AM #4374

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ani,

This is a feature of my up-coming release. You will be able to pick from a list of previously entered records from the form you’re linking to.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 20, 2011 at 11:30 AM #4452

iK.vin
    Participant

Just checking to make sure.

As of this moment, this feature is still on the way right?

I’m still trying to understand what “link to form” does.

Kevin.

February 20, 2011 at 7:31 PM #4453

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Kevin,

Yes it is. What you’ll see if you configure your Link To Form field as a “Many to Many” is a check mark where the + button is now. Tapping the check mark button will bring up a list of records from your other form. Then you can tap on the records to select them. There’s a new Select (#) button which will increment each time you select a record. Tapping the Select (#) button will select those records and bring you back to the list of linked records.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 27, 2011 at 6:43 AM #4476

gabi
    Participant

Hi brendan,

I saw the last update and the new features looks great.

I have a couple of questions about the “Many to Many” feature.

1. When a configure a “link to form” as “Many to Many”, how can i add records to this form, through this link? the “V” button replaces the “+” button and the only way I managed to do it is by adding a record to the original form (and usually the linked forms are hidden in my database), and then going to the linked form to select the record that I want to add.

Is there another way of doing that?

2. After this update, I wanted to try the “many to many” feature.

I took a form that was already linked to a form, and changed link to “many to many”.

Then I linked him to a different form, but then I ecountered the problem that I mentioned in my first question, so I decided to switch it back to “one to many”.

The problem is, that now the original link has no records. How can I get my records back to this form? If by “many to many”, how can I add additional records?

thanks,

gabi.

February 27, 2011 at 8:32 AM #4477

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello gabi,

1. I need to add the ability to add records to a linked many-to-many form. I started to add that function, but took it out before release. I think I had some trouble with it at the time. I’ll dig into it again. So for now, yes, you’ll need to add records to your original form first before you can select them for linking.

2. You’ll have to change the linked form back to the original one for your records to show up again.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 27, 2011 at 9:15 AM #4478

gabi
    Participant

Hi brendan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

As for your second answer, I can’t get the records back.

I even tried to export the records from the original form, and import them to the linked form but it didn’t work. The import ended with success, but the form stayed empty…

Gabi.

March 8, 2011 at 9:46 AM #4509

RBywater
    Participant

Hi Brenden,

Great work. I really like tapforms. Would like to know if I am doing this correctly. Main form has link many to many to another form. This works as expected. However when I export all the records from the Main form the data that is linked to many to many form are not exported. When I try and export records from the many to many db it does not show any link keys. I need to export the main form data and the linked data.

A future suggestion would be to allow headings. Example my form is extremely long and data would look neater if a sub heading could be incorporated to bread the data into sections.

Thanks

Roy

March 8, 2011 at 9:53 AM #4510

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Roy,

Adding the link IDs to the export is something I will add to a future update. Sorry about that. At the moment, the data is kind of locked inside Tap Forms. But I will rectify that soon.

I am hoping to add headings support also to the edit record screen. It would be setup as a new field type which you could intersperse with fields in your form.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.