record view and print view

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Wolfgang
    Participant

In my input record with a table I can activate the calculations in the last line (sum, max, min, etc…).Sometimes the column is too small to show everything. I would be satisfied with the presentation of the results, i.e. how can i hide sum: min: max:, etc? (see screen 01 input)
    if I now want to print this data record, NO result line appears at all! Here, of course, I would also like to have it displayed! (see screen 02 print).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 31, 2020 at 11:43 AM #40153

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Wolfgang,

Hmm… It’s supposed to show as long as you have the calculation row displaying on the Table field. However, I see that it’s not doing that on the Default Layout.

It does however work when you have a custom layout. So try building a custom layout and make the field tall enough to show all the rows in the Table field. It should show the totals then. I’ll look into fixing this issue for the Default Layout.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 31, 2020 at 1:33 PM #40154

Wolfgang
    Participant

screen 01 is the default layout, screen 02 is the print view (here the calculation infos are missing).

March 31, 2020 at 2:17 PM #40155

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, I understand about your screenshots.

But try creating a custom layout and drag your Table field onto it along with some of the other fields and Tap Forms should print the totals at the bottom of your Table field.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 31, 2020 at 10:56 PM #40163

Wolfgang
    Participant

Thank you Brendan, this works.
    I notice 2 different representations when printing: with the default layout the table adapts depending on the entries. In the custom layout, the table size with the entries is fixed … so I would prefer default layout for this purpose.As you said “I’ll look into fixing this issue for the Default Layout.” and the print view.
    Many thanks in advance… :-)

April 1, 2020 at 11:09 PM #40180

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s right, custom layouts are fixed format whereas the Default Layout does adapt. It’s because the Default Layout is algorithmically generated so the row heights can adapt to the content. I think the problem is the Table view height isn’t taking into consideration the calculation summary row for the Table fields.

And I have fixed the bug. See my example printout attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 2, 2020 at 4:18 AM #40182

Wolfgang
    Participant

Hello Brenden,
    thank you for fixing the bug.

Wolfgang

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.