Record Selector Popup for Join Link-to-Form Fields

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Record Selector Popup for Join Link-to-Form Fields

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

prov0356
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I would really like to have the ability to use the Record Selector popup (check mark button) for Link-to-Form fields having the Join relationship type just as you have for the 1:M and M:M relationship types. Once a record is selected from the popup, TF would populate the Join field value as the link. I am heavily dependent on using the Join relationship type since I need to be able to export all of my forms as CSV files and yet retain the relationships I’ve established through the join fields I’ve populated. The check mark Record Selector popup would be a fantastic time saver during data entry.

Thanks!

March 6, 2018 at 12:12 PM #27674

Brendan
    Keymaster

You could certainly just edit the child records directly and input the join value there. Then they’d automatically be connected to the parent form. It’s just thinking about it from the other direction. If you had a bunch of records to select you could also use the fill up/down function on the Mac version to make populating that value quicker.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.