recaclculate

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

is there a way to recalculate all the forms at once? One click and all the forms do a recalculation would help me a lot with recalculating all the linked forms, now I have to remember to recalculate them all manually. Or am I missing something?

Leo

June 4, 2017 at 12:36 AM #23337

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

Click on the Refresh button at the bottom of the records list for each form. That’ll cause a recalculation to be done for all the Calculation fields within all the records for that form.

June 4, 2017 at 12:48 AM #23342

Leo
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

That is what I’m doing…. But many number fields and calculation fields on my forms have affect on linked records on other forms. So I’ll have to recalculate them too. Therefor my question.

June 4, 2017 at 1:03 AM #23343

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah I see. Well I hadn’t thought that far ahead with that feature :)

What I need to figure out is a way to recalculate all the referenced linked records whenever you make a change to a value in a form that could affect a formula. But I also don’t want to slow down data entry with all this hunting around for records that might need their formulas updated.

June 4, 2017 at 1:06 AM #23345

Leo
    Participant

How about just a simple menu item under the tools menu? With a short-cut option-R?
    That way the user has control and no affect on speed unless the command is chosen.

June 4, 2017 at 10:09 AM #23346

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, that’s not a bad idea. Then I can loop through all of the forms executing the refresh command. But ultimately it would be better if it wasn’t necessary.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.