Random records disappeared and not devices syncing fully

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Random records disappeared and not devices syncing fully

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

I have a members database of just over 1,000 people and a seemingly random string of records have disappeared. The weirder thing is that I can see them all on my iPad but they’re missing on my iPhone and Mac. The iPad is showing all 1,039 records but the other 2 are only showing 995 records. I don’t want to lose the data and I’ve tried creating a backup from the iPad but when I go to open it up on the Mac it comes up completely empty.

On the last sync, the iPad added the newest records which I’d entered from the Mac earlier but thankfully it didn’t delete the records that had disappeared from the Mac and iPhone. Needless to say, I don’t want to lose these records so could you please advise on how I can get all 3 back in sync with each other?

Versions I am currently using.

iPhone: Version 5.2.1 (741)
    iPad: Version 5.2.1 (741)
    Mac: Version 5.1.4 (Build 1660)

Thanks

October 18, 2017 at 1:19 PM #25450

Antonio Glessi
    Participant

Almost the same issue, although I’m trying to sync two different Macs. On the second one I’ve just erased my System and rebuilding from scratch everything (I have a working Time Machine backup but I need to so to solve other unrelated issues). The database (about 2000 items) that I recall from the cloud differs significantly from the last version I had on the other computer (many records are missing). I have a backup so I’m not worried of losing data, but I’m now very concerned on program reliability.

October 18, 2017 at 4:06 PM #25453

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

Are you able to update to the latest Tap Forms 5.2.2?

Which sync method were you using when this happened?

If you see a record count greater than 0, but when you view the form to see the records and they don’t display, then check to make sure you have the First Sort Field set to a valid field. The records should display after that.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.