Random Crashes

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    Am experiencing a few of these. I can’t seem to remember exactly what I was doing at the time. Is there a log file I could send you if that would help. if so, where and what?
    Just remembered, last nite was editing a pick list field and clicking on the pick list icon in default layout would not bring up the picklist window. Repeated clicking caused a crash – I THINK!
    Also, do pick lists and drop down selectors not work in user designed layouts? I don’t see any pick list icons and clicking on a drop down (Mr, Mrs, etc) produces no result?
    Cheers
    tony

December 19, 2013 at 1:29 PM #8335

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

I’ve just been fixing a crash related to pick lists, so you may have been bitten by this. Are you on Mavericks or Mountain Lion?

Also, yes pick lists do work on custom layouts. When you have a field that has a pick list associated with it, Tap Forms will show you a combo box (text field with drop down button) for single-value pick lists and the regular pick list icon to the right when using a multi-select pick list.

Try deleting the object from the layout and dragging it back in again to see if the field shows properly with the pick list.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 20, 2013 at 3:34 AM #8356

tonyt
    Participant

Hi
    No luck, tried dragging off and replacing field, still no pick list icon in layout view.
    Also, sometimes get a yellow line when dragging a filed in layout view ( either horizontal or vertical ) that goes to the rulers, would be really useful for aligning objects if this happened ALL the time – a la Pages.
    Cheers
    tony

December 20, 2013 at 3:37 AM #8357

tonyt
    Participant

Brendan,
    Also can’t edit anything in layout view – all info visible – but greyed out???
    Cheers
    tony

December 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM #8361

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

The yellow horizontal and vertical lines are guidelines that appear only when an object is dragged into the centre of the layout area.

You can’t edit data in layout edit mode. You need to click the Edit Layout button so that the layout inspector slides away before you can enter data. The reason for that is so when you click in the middle of an object you can drag it around without the cursor going into the field as if you’re editing data.

Can you email me your form template so I can look into finding out why your pick lists aren’t showing on a custom layout?

December 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM #8369

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    Thanks for that, I missed closing the ‘edit layout’ button – all OK now.
    I chose export template from the file menu when my layout was showing. Hope this is what you want.
    Cheers
    tony

December 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM #8370

tonyt
    Participant

try again!

December 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM #8371

tonyt
    Participant

HELP!
    tony

December 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM #8372

tonyt
    Participant

One more try….

December 21, 2013 at 12:29 PM #8373

tonyt
    Participant

Uploads fail due to ‘security reasons’?

December 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM #8376

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

Just email it to me at support@tapforms.com

I guess WordPress doesn’t like .tff files.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.