Quick Sort Options

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

John Scoble
    Participant

Hi Brendan

When in single column view, is there a quick way to sort the records, without changing the default sort order set in the Form Inspector Panel? My thoughts are that I would like to have two options available:

1) be able to sort the records displayed by any field, perhaps by having a sorting box available in the menu (rather as in the sort option in Excel)

2) be able to dictate the sort option when creating a search – the search might be used just to sort all records, or to select records, and then sort them in a particular way.

I have looked at the help, and also tried to find anything on screen, but cannot locate anything like this.

Many thanks

John

February 21, 2017 at 11:22 AM #21232

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

1. There’s no function for changing the sort order aside from using the Form Inspector Panel when in Single-Column List View. On the Multi-column List View there’s little triangles next to each field which lets you quickly change the First Sort Field value without having to display the inspector panel.

2. In Tap Forms 5, it will remember the sort order settings for each search independently of the sort settings for the main form the searches apply to.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.