Question from a new user

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Brian Cleary
    Participant

Is it possible to duplicate a record (or simply move a record) from one form to another? I have read about exporting to an excel sheet but when I import to another form, I lose the field characteristics for each field. I would simply like to keep track of records who all share the same fields, but move certain records into a form with a different title. Any help is most appreciated.

June 19, 2015 at 7:42 AM #14045

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

There’s no function to duplicate or move a record from one form to another.

Have you thought about using a Saved Search to filter your records into different lists rather than needing to move them to another form, which would end up having pretty much the same end result?

Thanks,

Brendan

October 18, 2015 at 11:52 AM #15025

Brian Cleary
    Participant

Another question from a relatively inexperienced user. Have been using the app for about 5 months with no problems. I was able to sync from my IMac to my iPhone and iPad. Just last week could not get information that I had entered on my iPad to sync with any of the other two. I have tried to meet sync on all devices but this has not solved problem. In attempting this one more time, I can suddenly no longer even open the app on my iPad. In fact, I cannot locate the app among my purchased apps. Would like to get back to having the info on all three devices and would repurchase app for iPad if that is the fix. If so, how would I retrieve the info that was entered via my iPad?

October 18, 2015 at 12:15 PM #15026

Brian Cleary
    Participant

Disregard my earlier questions. After a week of trying, somehow all is now synced.

October 18, 2015 at 2:09 PM #15030

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Does that mean that you also got the iPad version running again?

Thanks,

Brendan

October 18, 2015 at 2:54 PM #15034

Brian Cleary
    Participant

Yes. Inexplicably it did work and all three are synced again. Assuming maybe I was not patient enough when I reset sync and that it might have been actually syncing when I thought it wasn’t??? Not sure if that is possible.

Love the app – does exactly what I need. Thanks for all the good work.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.