Progress, exporting pick lists

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

ndroste
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve noticed in previous posts that people have requested the ability to beam pick-lists, and I’d just like to throw my name on the pile of users who’d find this very helpful. I plan on having identical forms running on about a dozen ipod touches at any one time, so the time saved would be huge.

Some quick questions:

Has anyone tried using the backup/restore function (Syncdocs, the sqlite file) to copy forms and pick lists to another device? Would this work as a temporary workaround? I haven’t tried yet because I don’t have access to a second device yet.

Also, if pick list beaming is added as a proper function, will they still be linked to fields/forms that they worked with on the origianl device? Or will they have to be re linked?

Thanks for your time.

November 14, 2010 at 11:20 PM #4258

ndroste
    Participant

Anyone?

November 14, 2010 at 11:32 PM #4259

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello ndroste,

Sorry for replying sooner. You can copy the TapForms_db.sqlite file from one device to the other. That will contain all your data including pick lists. The easiest way to do this is to use the File Sharing option in iTunes to copy out the TapForms_db.sqlite file and copy it to another device (using the same technique).

As for pick lists, one way is to email them to another device, then using copy and paste, copy the pick list values to the clipboard, then create a new pick list and tap the “Add values…” function. You’ll be able to paste the contents of your clipboard in there. Tap Forms will parse each row and create the individual pick list values for you.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 15, 2010 at 12:43 AM #4260

ndroste
    Participant

Excellent, thanks again Brendan!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.