Problems with time and date field

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Philip Tate
    Participant

I have a form where I’ve been recording time and date, which works fine, but now I want to sort on time of day, but every time I change the field to “time” or back to “time and date” the program crashes, even though the field type seems to change okay. However, when I try to sort on the new “time” field, it doesn’t. Maybe it’s still sorting on date and time? Any advice? Thanks.

June 4, 2014 at 8:41 AM #10327

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

That’s strange. Which version of Tap Forms? Mac, iPhone, iPad?

Also, Time, Date, and Date & Time all contain the same values. They just get displayed differently. So internally a Time value still has a date component to it.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM #10328

Philip Tate
    Participant

Sorry. I’m using Mac 2.2.2 511
    I just tried it again, and got no crashes, but when I change to field to “time” and do a sort, it’s still sorting by date. Given that both field types have the same internal data, the sort would have to be pretty smart to ignore the date portion. I’m assuming that it stores seconds since such-and-such a date. What I want is all the 8AM data to be together and all the 9AM data to be together. As a kludge I’m now entering the hour as a separate (number) field and sorting on that.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.