Problems with Tap Forms – new user

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

pedkins
    Participant

I recently downloaded the Lite version and then purchased the full version of Tap Forms and have some problems:

1. I entered several forms and the next day they were no longer there

2. As I try to add a new form, it keeps on telling me that I have to upgrade to the full version

3. After I create a new form it does not appear in the list of forms

Obviously I am doing something wrong, but I can’t put my finger on it!

Please help

Now I am stuck in the Export-Import screen and cannot exit.

Peter

September 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM #4821

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Peter,

Is it possible you’re flipping back and forth between “Tap Forms” and “Tap Forms LT”? When you upgraded, did you use the In-App purchase to perform the upgrade on the LT version? Or did you go to the App Store and download “Tap Forms” the full version?

Also, once you create a new form, you should see it available under the + button on the main Forms tab. If you didn’t assign a category to it, it will show up near the bottom of the list in the “Uncategorized” category.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM #4822

pedkins
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the response. I upgraded from my iPhone on the LT version. The icon title states “Tap Forms LT”.

The main problem now is that the screen has frozen on the Exports Imports screen (web server off) and there is nothing I can do to clear it. Do I have to delete the App and repurchase? I hope not.

Thanks and regards

Peter

September 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM #4823

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Peter,

Can you take a screenshot of the screen you’re stuck on so I can see it? You can do that by pressing the power and home buttons at the same time. The photo will appear in the Photos app. You can email it from there.

No, you shouldn’t have to re-download it. Just quit out of Tap Forms by pressing the Home button. Then, double-click on the Home button to bring up the multi-tasking dock. Now tap-and-hold on the Tap Forms icon in the multi-tasking dock. When the icon wiggles, tap the red minus sign button on it. That will force-quit any app that’s running. When you re-launch Tap Forms, it will start from the beginning (keeping all your data of course).

Thanks,

Brendan

September 14, 2011 at 5:44 PM #4824

pedkins
    Participant

Hey! After press and hold of the home and power buttons, the iPhone seemed to reboot and Tap Forms is back!

However the problem with not seeing the forms I created is still there. When I press the + in the main Forms tab on the Navigation bar, I get the message “Notice: Tap Forms is limited to 15 records. Please upgrade to the full version for unlimited records” If I cancel this and press Tools and Customise Forms, I can see all the forms I created are still there; but I can’t see them when I press the + on the Forms Navigation bar.

Regards

Peter

September 15, 2011 at 8:38 AM #4832

pedkins
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your help – there is only one problem remaining:

1. I cannot enter any more records because of the message:

“Notice: Tap Forms is limited to 15 records. Please upgrade to the full version for unlimited records”

I have already upgraded via the in-App purchase to upgrade the Lite version.

Can you help with this?

Regards

Peter

September 15, 2011 at 8:59 AM #4833

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Peter,

Hmm… this is odd. Do you still see the option on the Tools screen to upgrade to the full version? It normally goes away when you’ve successfully upgraded. I wonder if something went wrong with the process?

If you still see the option on the Tools screen, try tapping on it and then tapping on the button at the bottom that says “Restore Purchase”. You won’t be charged again.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 15, 2011 at 9:30 AM #4834

pedkins
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

On Tools, I have the “Purchase Full Version”. I tapped it and “Restored Previous Purchase”, entered my Apple ID password. The App closed and when I opened it again the “Purchase Full Version” is still there and I still can’t enter more than 15 records.

Regards

Peter

September 15, 2011 at 1:45 PM #4835

pedkins
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Sorry to be a nag, but is there anything you can do to get me a full version that installs correctly? I am keen to start loading my records.

Regards

Peter

September 15, 2011 at 9:18 PM #4839

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Please send me an email to support@tapforms.com and I”ll take care of you.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 26, 2011 at 2:39 AM #4848

dom
    Participant

Hello

I remember having the same type of problem: i bought the full version from within the lite app, an still was getting the lite limitations. I uninstalled the lite version, had to buy the full version a second time, and had to claim the money back from Apple (and they cancelled the purchase).

Dom

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.