Problems printing tables from the database!

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Problems printing tables from the database!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hein Ennak
    Participant

Hello from Hamburg
    Since the update, I have had the problem that I can no longer properly set the width of the fields in the printout.
    Is there a correction or a way around how I can make the fields longer?

August 6, 2021 at 12:48 PM #44928

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Hein,

Is this a Link to Form field that you’re having troubles with? Or a regular form?

Remember to type in the new value and press the Return key to accept the field width value. You should see the little print preview update to show the new width.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 7, 2021 at 12:50 AM #44932

Hein Ennak
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. No, it is not the formualar, but when printing a table:
    1st column print selection, 2nd column type, 3rd column name (which is too long) 4th field length.
    I can’t get to the field length since the update.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 14, 2021 at 12:37 AM #44964

Brendan
    Keymaster

It looks like the table of Fields is just a bit too wide to show you the Width column. Can you try turning off the scrollbars temporarily? You have them set to Always On I think, which is causing the Width column to be partially obscured. I’ll have to fix that on my end though to make the field name column narrower so it can handle the always visible scrollbars.

You can change that setting on the General preferences panel in the System Preferences app.

August 15, 2021 at 3:27 AM #44976

Hein Ennak
    Participant

Thank you!
    I can manage like this at the moment. But it’s not an ideal solution, especially since I can’t always see what has been entered.
    Besides, it still throws off the order for me, because I can’t control it.

August 15, 2021 at 10:42 PM #44990

Brendan
    Keymaster

To control the order of fields printing (that is, which is the first field that prints, then the next, then the next, and so on), switch to the Multi-Column List View, then click the little X like button at the top-right of the Multi-Column List View. From there you can drag and drop the fields to rearrange the order of them. This will also tell Tap Forms which order to print the fields in. Not the actual sort order of the records, but the order the fields print in the columns.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.