Problems in Record Search and Display

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Gianluca Zo
    Participant

Hello,
    I have a Tap Forms database on icloud from 3.2gb.condiviso with 3 iMac, 2 Macbook air and a ipad.
    This happens:
    When I look for a record from the bar, this is found and opens the tab, then it happens often that the card closes and then records me at the beginning of the record.
    If the database is opened by only one client the case occurs less, but if the clients are 2 or more it occurs more frequently!

The thing gets annoying by counting that the present records are over 3500 !!

Did anyone have the same problem?
    Is there a way why it does not happen?

Thanks so much

*The database comes from a Bento migration.

October 9, 2017 at 10:39 PM #25297

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gianluca,

If you could record a video of that it would be much easier to understand the issue.

I’m not sure I understand the issue.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 10, 2017 at 12:01 AM #25299

Gianluca Zo
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I try to explain it better.
    Imagine opening a photo in the finder after searching it with spotligh, leaving the picture open after a while this closes on its own.
    This is what concerns the mac os environment, in Tap Forms the same thing happens in large lines …
    I’m looking for the “home to the sea” record, for example, I open it to see the card, which I leave open for my convenience, but after some time (indefinite) it closes the card, as if it crashed, without making any mistakes.
    This sometimes happens even when entering a new record, returns to the main list leaving the insertion halfway.

* I thought this was happening because somebody was getting us to another client, can that be my consideration?

Rather I try to make a video.

October 10, 2017 at 12:01 AM #25300

Leo
    Participant

HI,

this happens when a sync is in order. When syncing is done, the current view (search) is revert back to the first view.

October 10, 2017 at 12:05 AM #25301

Gianluca Zo
    Participant

Hi Leo,

Imagine it was something about the db (client, cloud, etc …)
    If I had to work from just one client? Considering that he first writes to the local database and then sends it to the cloud?

Thanks so much

October 10, 2017 at 1:47 PM #25309

Brendan
    Keymaster

So you have other people that are editing the same document on different computers and syncing with you?

If so, then Tap Forms will refresh the display, but it should maintain the currently selected record. Unless you’ve navigated into a Link to Form field. If that’s the case, after the sync, when the screen refreshes, the parent record will be selected again.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.