Printing Tables

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Rob Fox
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Just getting used to my new TF5 and at the moment have a couple of questions about printing tables…

1) Is there a way to change the font size?

2) I have a Date field which I use to sort my db. In the on-screen table I love how it delineates my table with month/year headers, it makes it much easier to read. However, when I print my table those month/year headers take up a huge amount of real estate on my paper. Is there a way to not print those month/year headers?

Thanks for all your hard work improving TF!

-Rob

December 6, 2016 at 10:29 AM #20561

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

1. Not at the moment, but it’s something I’d like to add to a future update. Tap Forms will automatically scale the font size depending on how many columns there are to fit on a single page width.

2. If you click on the little menu button that appears at the top-right of the records list screen, there’s a popup menu that appears with “Hide Sections” option. Select that before bringing up the print screen and the section headings won’t be printed. I really should move this to the Options tab on the Print screen.

December 6, 2016 at 1:01 PM #20562

Rob Fox
    Participant

Thanks, got it. It would be nice if it were on the print options screen. If you are going to leave it in the pop-up menu it would be nice if it were at the top of the list…not way down at the bottom. My breakfast list is already ten years long so I need to scroll through 120 items to get to the Hide Items …and its only getting longer :)

December 6, 2016 at 1:31 PM #20565

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve just moved the Hide Sections option to the top. Next update.

December 7, 2016 at 2:27 AM #20568

Roger Emnett
    Participant

The Print Layout only has three options for Row Height. Is there a way to get more lines on a page other than exporting and using another app to format the data? I need to be able to get more lines on a page.

December 7, 2016 at 11:24 AM #20572

Brendan
    Keymaster

By increasing the row height you get fewer rows on a page. Keep it at the smallest setting and that’s the most records you’ll be able to get on a page.

June 25, 2019 at 1:54 PM #35193

Peter Keenan
    Participant

Hello Brendan,
    I’m making an inventory list and using the “Home Inventory” template as a starting point. For some reason, I cannot get a 9 field table to print out. There are other fields in the document so I unclicked everything except for the “picture” and “table” but no dice. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 25, 2019 at 4:58 PM #35196

Brendan
    Keymaster

A Table field won’t actually print out on the “Table of records” layout. Tap Forms won’t print tables within tables. So that’s why it’s not showing up for you. You would have to make a Script field that perhaps concatenates the contents of your Table field and returns whatever content you want into that field which would display in your report.

June 26, 2019 at 12:10 PM #35257

Peter Keenan
    Participant

OK, got it.
    I’m trying to do two things really. Show an indication of an item that someone wants and eventually be able to search for the total of items that the person has chosen. The “Checkmark” doesn’t work in search and using “Text” with an “X” as a field looks sloppy. That’s why I resorted to a table but that won’t work if I can’t show it in print or pdf form. Not sure if I have the Script-cred to go down that road. I noticed in the help guide that you can get the info out of a table but as I said, I’m too much of an end-user to probably figure it out.

June 26, 2019 at 9:27 PM #35533

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can use a Checkmark field in a Saved Search. Just not the general search because the value stored in the database for a Checkmark field is really just a 0 or 1. Or maybe even nil or 1. So it doesn’t really work to just search for a 1 or a 0 or nil. But Saved Searches can do it.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.