Printing Single Membership Card

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Colleen Easley
    Participant

Thanks for the fix on the calculated text fields. I’m now able to design both name tags and membership cards using a business card template in Tap Forms which will make my life a lot easier. But I have one little problem. When I get a new member, I need to print just one name badge and one membership card for them. The way it is now I either print more than one of my members or I print a whole page of the one new member’s card. Could you give us an option to print just one card/label when that is all we need? It already works fine when I have more than one. (see attachment)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 21, 2014 at 5:17 PM #11863

Colleen Easley
    Participant

Also, is there a simple way to get the same graphic into each record for use in make these cards? So far all I’ve been able to figure out is to drag it onto each of my 105 records.

November 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM #11864

Colleen Easley
    Participant

One last request regarding printing labels. For these cards, I’m printing on card stock, so no issue, but for another group I need to print actual sticky mailing labels and sometimes I have 1/2 a sheet of labels left over. I’d like to be able to tell the software which number label to start printing on. I had that capability in Bento and it saved throwing out a lot of half used sheets of labels.

November 21, 2014 at 10:19 PM #11865

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Colleen,

I see the issue with printing a single record. When you have print multiple records and you have only one selected, it should print just that one record. I see if that if you have 2 or more records selected it will print just those 2 or more.

You certainly can get the same graphic to appear on each label. Just drag an image onto your canvas from the Finder or draw an image object into your layout. Tap Forms will ask you to locate an image file and it will be printed on every label. No need to add a separate field to the form for that.

Thanks for the feature request for the “start printing at” function.

Thanks!

Brendan

November 22, 2014 at 1:41 AM #11866

Colleen Easley
    Participant

I’m not sure I understood your answer. Are you saying you think it is not behaving properly?

When I have just one record selected it doesn’t matter if I have the check mark for multiple records per page checked or not – I get a full page of cards. (see attachment) Is this something you could fix? For membership cards I particular cannot have this as I don’t actually print the cards – I create a PDF and email them to the members to print themselves.

For now my workaround is to create a blank record and select that one and the one I want and then I get just those two on the page.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 22, 2014 at 2:19 AM #11868

Colleen Easley
    Participant

On the image, I finally figured out how to do that with the camera tool. Thanks!

November 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM #11871

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Colleen,

Yes, it’s not working correctly when you have just one record selected. It’s sort of working, but if you have the “Multiple records per page” option turned ON and you select just a single record, it should be printing just that one record. I know it sounds weird because of the “Multiple records per page” bit, but it makes sense really. If you wanted to print your own business cards say, you want the same record to be printed on each card. If you’re printing your’s and someone else’s then you would probably want to print 2 records, but have 2 pages, each page having one record, but multiple copies of that same record.

So what I need to do is check to see if you have one record selected, but you also have “Multiple records per page” enabled, then to just print the one record. And if you don’t have “Multiple records per page” enabled, then it should duplicate the selected record for all of the labels.

I think that would give you what you want. But your workaround wouldn’t necessarily work because the static images would still print on the blank record label.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 22, 2014 at 1:24 PM #11875

Colleen Easley
    Participant

OK. I understand – it is a glitch. Do you think you’ll be able to fix it in the next release? It’s coming up on membership renewal time (1st of the year) and I’d sure like to be able to use this for my membership cards that I email individually in PDF format.

November 23, 2014 at 3:53 AM #11883

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Colleen,

Ok, I have fixed this for the next update. Now if you have just one record selected and you have “Multiple Records Per Page” enabled, then you will get just a single label being printed at the top-left of the page. If you don’t have that enabled, then you will get a copy of that label multiple times filling up the page with that one label. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

Brendan

November 23, 2014 at 2:59 PM #11906

Colleen Easley
    Participant

Perfect sense – thanks!

April 27, 2015 at 9:48 AM #13483

Robbi Behr
    Participant

I second the request for the “start printing at” option! I’ve been wasting/handwriting lots of labels because of it. Other than that, though, SO happy for the label functionality.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.