Printing multiple records?

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

andrel42
    Participant

I am sure I missed something so please bear with me.
    I would like to print a catalog of 100 database records, 1 page each but I simply can’t figure out how to do this in one shot (not printing individual records).
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks for a great product!

December 15, 2012 at 3:21 AM #5682

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Andre,

Unfortunately at the moment Tap Forms does not support that. Printing is on individual records only. Or you could print a list of records in a list view if you export the records, then view the records in the Exports folder by tapping on the file. You’ll get a spreadsheet like view with an action button at the top-right. One of the options there is Print.

But adding multiple record details printing is on my rather long to-do list.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 15, 2012 at 3:33 AM #5684

andrel42
    Participant

Hi Brendan and thanks for the (as always) super fast reply! I guess that would be a great new feature when you find the time!
    I’ll try the Export print then.
    Thanks again
    Andre

PS. I did mean the Mac version not the iPad – Same thing?

December 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM #5690

Brendan
    Keymaster

It doesn’t really matter if it’s the iPad or Mac version I think. But when I get the time I’ll look into it.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM #5934

David O’Hara
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I am also trying to print multiple records at one time instead of having to print each one at a time. Also, being able to print more than one record on a page would be nice. Or even a reporting feature that can pull data from records to print.

Have you had any time to look into this? I thank you for your support and hope to hear any updates soon.

February 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM #5935

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I’ve actually just been working on multiple-record printing support in Tap Forms Mac. It will be available in my next update. Not for iOS though.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 1, 2014 at 3:02 PM #8571

Telmo Mendes Leal
    Participant

Hi.

I have the same doubt that originated this threat and since the last answer is from almost a year ago, is it already possible to print one records per sheet?

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Telmo

January 1, 2014 at 3:21 PM #8573

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Telmo,

You can do this already using the Mac version, but not the iOS version.

See attached screenshot. You can see in the screenshot that it shows printing 4 records. One record per page.

Thanks,

Brendan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 1, 2014 at 3:29 PM #8575

Telmo Mendes Leal
    Participant

Thank you. I don’t why but while trying to print with that option selected it keeps printing everything continued and also put “2 pages per sheet” as default and that doesn’t happen in any other app when printing. I can’t understand what’s wrong. :-/

January 1, 2014 at 8:55 PM #8579

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Telmo,

I’m nto sure what you mean by “it keeps printing everything continued”? That’s the idea of printing all your records is that it continues printing each record in your form.

If a record spans more than one page, it would print on multiple pages per record. But in version 2.0 there is a glitch which causes an extra blank page to be added when printing a single record. The trick is to turn off and on the printing of the form name title. Then it should show 1 of 1 if there’s only 1 page to print instead of 1 of 2.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.