Printing Multi Line Content of Linked Records on Paper/PDF

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Printing Multi Line Content of Linked Records on Paper/PDF

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Prashant M
    Participant

Hi ,

I’ve a form with linked records , when printing , I”m only shown option to print Line 1 of the linked record.

I’ve played with printing & even messing with different layout but none give me option of allowing multiple line of printing of linked records.

Please see file attached . Screenshot attached as well

I’ve also attached a file to showcase , how ideally it should auto expand

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 23, 2022 at 8:42 PM #46867

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Prashant,

This is something I’m going to have to work on for a future version. Right now the table control I use does not have dynamically expandable rows.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 27, 2022 at 1:44 PM #46891

Prashant M
    Participant

HI Brendan,
    Thanks for reply. Looking forward to such a future version :)

March 1, 2022 at 11:52 PM #46905

Prashant M
    Participant

Brendan ,
    Having the ability to dynamically expand rows would be useful even on screen (besides printing)

March 2, 2022 at 12:13 AM #46906

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes I agree. I had been experimenting with exactly that a few days ago, but it slowed down the scrolling because heights have to be measured for all the content and then the row height adjusted to fit all of the content. That’s extra work for the computer to do whenever the table scrolls. It also presented issues when still allowing editing of the records in that spreadsheet view. But hopefully it’s something I can get working eventually.

March 2, 2022 at 11:36 AM #46912

Prashant M
    Participant

Brendan,

Great to know you’ve started working on it .

I think a good start would be “default layout” where the items are simply stacked on top of another.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.