Printing linked lists

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

Hello!
    I´m new to TapForms and try the following:
    I have created a form for inventory purposes.
    The items are scattered over several rooms. So i want to have list of items in every single room.
    I have created another form that contains only the room number. The records in this form are linked to a matching field in the inventory. On screen everything works perfect. I see a list of the items in every room.
    But when i try to print this list i get only a blank form with the header and an empty list.
    Did i miss something?

Btw, i like Tap Forms for it remembers me heavily of the ClarisWorks-DB i used for years.

Thanks for your help!

June 21, 2014 at 6:21 PM #10445

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Alexander,

It sounds like you may have printing off for some of your fields.

Can you go to the Field Options screen when editing your form template and check to see if you have the Print, Email, and Export options turned on for each of your fields?

Thanks!

Brendan

June 21, 2014 at 7:44 PM #10446

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

Good morning Brendan!

Thanks for your very fast reply on an early sunday morning.
    I assume you mean the checkbox “export” on all . Yes, it is marked.
    I have attached some screenshots of the adjustments and what i get to make it more clear.
    But it has time now. Shift is almost over and im going to bed then, no need to hurry ;-)

Best regards,

Alexander

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 22, 2014 at 8:36 AM #10451

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

After breakfast in the afternoon i´ve checked this case on my iMac at home.

Everything works flawless and as expected. So i took a closer look.
    On my iMac the summary table with the items appears immediately when i go to the Form “Inventar an den…”.
    On my Macbook i have to “touch” the table before the items appear.
    The iMac runs with Mavericks, the MacBook with Lion (10.7.5).
    It seems to me that it has something to do with a redraw of the window and actualizing the screen content.
    The printing dialogue cannot “touch” the table so the content is not displayed. I hope it is understandable what i try to explain.

Regards,

Alexander

June 22, 2014 at 11:09 AM #10456

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Alexander,

Oh I see. Hmm… Yes, it sounds like a Lion issue.

In my next update, I will be moving on from Lion and Mountain Lion support for Tap Forms 3.0. I haven’t quite decided yet, but I may also move on from Mavericks support. It depends on how it goes with Yosemite. I plan on releasing version 3.0 when Yosemite is released in the fall. But I can no longer support Lion or Mountain Lion for future updates and it’s undecided for Mavericks. Pretty much anyone that can run Mavericks will also be able to run Yosemite, so I don’t think upgrading should be too much of a problem for people. Lion is quite old and I can’t invest the time to go back to test everything on such an old version of the OS. So I hope you understand this.

I think it’s a miracle as it is that it still runs on Lion the way it is now. But in order to move forward, I have to let go of the past.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 23, 2014 at 3:44 AM #10459

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

Hello Brandan!

Thanks for this information. What a bummer. It seems to be time to retire the Macbook.
    I fully understand your intention and your limited resources. I rather like to get a better TapForms that supports only a new OS than something barly working thats running back till OS 9.

Regards,

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.