Printing forms that require more than one page

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Printing forms that require more than one page

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

James Sapp
    Participant

I am trying to print a record on a layout I have composed, and it requires more than one page to show the all of the record. However, Tap Forms truncates the form to a single page when I try to print it leaving off the information that would have been on the second page. Strangely, if I use the default Tap Forms layout for the record, Tap Forms will print multiple pages associated with the record will show the entire record. Is there any way to print multiple pages for a record without using the default layout?

November 30, 2017 at 6:48 PM #26334

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Yes, Tap Forms doesn’t support printing of multiple pages on the custom layouts.

However, I would recommend formatting your page for the Printer using the printer button next to “Design For”. Then pick a paper size. That’ll resize the canvas area to show you the bounds of the page.

If you need more space, create a second layout and put the other fields on there that won’t fit. Then when you print you’ll just have to print the records on the first layout, then the second layout. I hope to be able to add a function to let you join layouts together so Tap Forms prints layouts alternately rather than one layout then the next with you having to do that manually in between.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 24, 2018 at 5:11 AM #27456

Pyromixer
    Participant

I need more printing pages also for some layouts! I hope you create a cool solution :)

February 24, 2018 at 12:40 PM #27460

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve been thinking of adding a function to link one custom layout to another so that if you print from Layout A, which is linked to Layout B, which is linked to Layout C, Tap Forms would print Layout A’s record, then Layout B’s record, then Layout C’s record, then the next record on Layout A, Layout B, then Layout C, etc. until all the records are printed. It’s just an idea right now.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 25, 2018 at 4:47 AM #27476

Pyromixer
    Participant

That’s a good idea.
    Maybe a dialogbox with Checkboxes which Layouts want to print at the next printjob (with safe this settings function)
    A dialog checkbox comes before the printjob started and then the user can make his choice and press the print button. And then tapforms start the serial print job…. Layout 1, Layout 3, Layout 8, Layout 9 and so on….

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.