Print List View

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

mrbill
    Participant

Hello- Is it possible to print the records list within a form?

Example: I have a very simple form that has only 5 or so fields. When viewing the forms list, it only lets me print 1 record at a time. Is it possible to print the whole list?

Thanks!

February 10, 2016 at 5:55 PM #15913

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, you can do this.

On the Print sheet, press the Show Details button and then click on the “Table of records” radio button under the Print Layout section.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 10, 2016 at 7:23 PM #15917

mrbill
    Participant

Hi Brendan- Awesome. Should have known to look on the print sheet.

Thanks!

February 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM #15927

mrbill
    Participant

Hello Again- Sorry to bother, but I just can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

When I go to print the table of records, one of the fields will not show up when printing. I’ve enclosed a screensnap. What have I done wrong?

Thanks!
    – Mr. Bill

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 11, 2016 at 5:09 PM #15929

Brendan
    Keymaster

How wide is the Title & Description field in the multi-column list view? Maybe make it more narrow. If it’s too wide for the printed page, Tap Forms won’t print it.

Do other columns show up if you enable the fields?

Thanks,

Brendan

February 11, 2016 at 8:27 PM #15930

mrbill
    Participant

Howdy- I have it working… sort of… Just as you suspected, its column width. But its sort of which columns are included in addition to width. It took trial, error, and some sacrificing which fields get printed. For the most part, I have what’s really needed working.

Its funny though, its pretty narrow and the info bleeds beyond the column width on the screen. But when its printed, there’s plenty of room.

Any tips around this or is this how it is (screen vs print).

Thanks!

February 11, 2016 at 10:02 PM #15931

Brendan
    Keymaster

Which version of Tap Forms Mac are you running and do you have any Section Heading fields in your form? I made a small bug fix in that area recently. It was using the wrong column widths if you had a section heading field before the columns you were trying to print.

February 12, 2016 at 6:28 AM #15938

mrbill
    Participant

Hey Brendan- I figured out what its doing (I think). If the forms in list view above a custom layout goes outside a printed page setting, it truncates it. This behavior makes sense. One work around is that if I make a column wide and the select double spacing on the printout, it will wrap the text. Which again, sorta makes sense. In any case, I’m using 3.5.10.734.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.